Two of Morocco’s most popular ingredients, fish and olives, form a perfect marriage in this simple tagine. The star of the dish, however, is the chermoula, an herb and spice blend that’s often paired with fish in Morocco.
- 2 1/4 lbs white fish, such as cod or tilapia, cut into 4 or 5 large pieces
- 1 1/2 cups small green olives, pitted
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients for chermoula.
- Arrange pieces of fish in a large baking dish (such as a 9x13 pan), and coat with the chermoula. Cover dish with foil and refrigerate for an hour to allow the flavors to blend.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Bake fish, still covered with foil, for 15 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle green olives over the fish, and put once again into the oven for an additional 5 minutes, or until the fish is golden.
Did you enjoy this Moroccan Recipe? If so, why not share it with your friends? Leave a comment below to let us know what you think, too!